This official Dreamline video is really well done. Instead of jam packing it with everything that went down, you get some cool insight and stories from a bunch of people along with some choice riding footage. I know the video thumbnail could possibly make you overlook it, but don”t skip this one.
In addition, Justin Kosman came through with a bunch of extra riding/lifestyle photos he had from the event and below are some assorted facts (Thanks Luke Seile & Ilana Taub).
- Course Length: 1200 feet
- 1500 man hours for the build
- 20,000 tons of dirt
- 65,000 lbs of heavy machinery on-site
- Pitch of Mountain: 12%-15%
- Elevation of top of course: 9700 feet (highest signature series, higher elevation then Utah and Ultra Natural)
- Top speed of athletes: 38mph
- Biggest jump: 14 feet (transition to lip)
- Highest air (bottom of jump to athlete height): 29 feet
- Angelfire dirt is special because of it”s clay to dirt ratio, makes a perfect texture to build and sculpt when water is added
- It took four months to find this location and we looked at over 20 different Mountains
Click below for gallery.