Empty pools will always be one of my favorite destinations.
There are five things that will almost always happen during your day riding a pool:
- You’ll find the remains of a party- small or large.
- You’ll find something very obviously out of place or unidentifiable.
- A trick will go down that’s incredibly hard or scary but won’t look like it on video or photo.
- You’ll hear a noise echoed by the pool and get immediately paranoid no matter your location.
- You’ll wonder, “Wtf happened here.”
It’s that last one that always get’s me. By the time skaters and bike riders end up at a pool, it’s usually the last chapter in a story about that property and it’s never a good ending. We all imagine that someone royally fucked up in a big way for a place like this to end up deserted and unattended, ripe for the shredding. As long as there is tranny, it’s worth a carve.
Here Adam Banton cleans out some party favors in an Arizona pool shaped like a slice of pizza before melting the afternoon away.