BMX Tumblrs

Lately, it seems as if more and more people are setting up Tumblr pages within BMX. This is a good thing in my book. Anytime you can get a glimpse or behind-the-scenes view into someones life or personality is always a good thing (in most cases, haha…).

For those who are unfamiliar, Tumblr can be used as a blog, journal and/or a place to post photos and videos. For example, I use my Tumblr to auto update whenever I post something to my actual photo blog, which is a pretty useful feature and allows me to get my stuff out there a bit more. Someone might not check my personal site, but they will still see my stuff if I’m one of the people they are following on Tumblr (win/win). The “auto-update” feature gets sketchy at times and stops working, but ultimately it’s pretty cool.

A popular function of Tumblr is “re-blogging”, which is what a lot of sites on there are based around. If you like surfing for example, someone out there is “re-blogging” a million surf related photos for you to eyeball.Too much of this gets old quick, but there are some great ones out there depending on your interests.

Ultimately, Tumblr is cool, but I am still  deciding how I feel about it. THIS The Hundreds post has a good viewpoint on it all, which I agree with. I’d always prefer someone have their own  site, but I can understand if that is not feasible. Tumblr is easy, free and kinda sits in between an actual site and Twitter. You can email photos straight to it and there are a whole bunch of “themes” you can pick for your page. It’s up to you to make it what it is.

ALSO, please do yourself a favor and use a Tumblr page over a blogger/blogspot setup.

Below you will find a non-categorized list of BMX related Tumblrs from all kinds of notable people, which I have accumulated over a little while. I’m sure there are more  that I don’t know about, or more will pop up, so we will probably update this thing in a few months. Feel free to chime in in the comments.

Enjoy!

KARL POYNTER

GOODFEELIN

JOSH HAYES: EIDETIC-MEMORY

STRANGER BMX

BRYAN TARBELL: TALKING SHIT ABOUT A PRETTY SUNSET

SMOOVEBERT: SMOOVE’S TUMBLELOG

VINCENT PERRAUD: VINCE P.

BMXFU

CHRIS HILL-SCOTT

DAVID GRANT

HUY DOAN

JOE COX

15 responses to “BMX Tumblrs”

1. Latane Coghill says:

coldbuschbeers.tumblr.com

2. Nick says:

Hell yeah. Because of the ease and transparency we have actually switched to an all Tumblr platform at NICE. Thanks for the link!

3. Brendan Vail says:

yourinn.tumblr.com

4. Anonymous says:

Great description Nuno. I too have my mixed feelings about tumblr. It is so consumed with people who reblog (credit for the work is quickly and easily lost) and can be redundant. Took awhile to figure out who to follow/not follow.
    Glad you posted all these links!

p.s. the infinite scrolling via the dashboard makes time fly by way to fast!

ChrisRiesner.tumblr.com

5. Max says:

I’ve been waiting for you guys to do something like this. Thanks for saving me a bunch of time!

maxduff.tumblr.com

6. Tom Perry says:

I’ve got four of these damn things now.* I keep exploring options for tumblr as a venue for different mediums, since it’s free and maintains a good outlet for whatever kind of expression I can come up with. Plus it keeps getting more popular, making it a better and better outlet, so to speak. Anyway, my two main ones are the one you posted and:

*The other two aren’t quite worth sharing, since my writing is sucks and my cell phone photos are, well, ultimately just cell phone photos.

7. seansberg says:

Right on. Mine’s new and semi BMX related. I do logo animations for fun/exploration/practice and a lot of the logos happen to come from the BMX world since I ride.

(PS – There’s a defgrip one in there)

seansberg.tumblr.com

8. matt schiels says:

not bmx related at all but just an everyday photos thru my eye blog

9. We just switched from WordPress to Tumblr not too long ago. It has been pretty good so far. Just using the default theme, but it matches what we had before pretty close as far as looks/layout go.

10. bmxkidd says:

fuck-yeah-bmx.tumblr.com

11. tyler says:

justr1d3.tumblr.com/

Now it’s time to pick your specific investments.