Airbag Helmet

This is a wild one.  Airbag Helmet.

First it’s a scarf, then it’s a head protecting airbag. What are your thoughts on this?

Via – The Whoa, whose post made me laugh.

11 responses to “Airbag Helmet”

1. Hines says:

Can you wear this on top of a helmet? I mean would you recommend people to not wear a helmet and instead wear this? Fashionable yes, but useful? Not sure. I wonder how it knows when to deploy.

2. ethan says:

yer i was wondering how it deploys aswell. the last stack is a good laugh

3. Colin says:

Uses an accelerometer, so, yes, it would deploy anytime you bunnyhopped, dropped in, etc. I see more comedic uses than practical ones.

4. DavidLang says:

This looks like an interesting idea for things like hourly bike rental! But if I saw someone wearing one it’d be hard to resist the temptation of a friendly push.

5. Darren says:

innovative? yes. needed? no. i can’t help but think that the easiest solution to this is to simply wear a helmet. also, the dummy totally does a tuck no hander on the first set of clips

6. Nuno says:

At first I thought something like this promoted NOT wearing a helmet, but some people just don’t like/want to wear a helmet in the first place anyway. Something like this would be better than nothing I suppose.

Also, I can’t imagine these airbags being ideal for anyone other than your basic casual everyday neighborhood/city commuters (like Aunt Gertrude going to the store).

Whatever… better than nothing I say.

7. Oompa says:

Early development I’m sure but who knows eventually it could be standard in a hoodie?

8. Adam Banton says:

Good point Nuno. I agree. Better than nothing indeed, and options are always nice when it comes to not dying.

9. flo says:

why not install a gun, which aims directly at your head,at the steeringwheel of a car instead of an airbag!?

10. I am an Australian inventor and I have patented a really true airbag helmet, the rider places his helmet on his/her head and then inflates the inner airbag via a bulb, so you pump it up to your own comfort level and fits perfectly all the time and it will save lives, for details contact rick6@aapt.net.au.

11. Earnestine says:

Financial advisors business is people enterprise.