Panamera

Porsche_PanameraCROP

My old roommate and good buddy Kevin McAvoy hipped me to these new Porsche commercials. They appear to be an attempt at preemptively addressing the critics who say it’s not a true Porsche… by closely associating the 4-door with the older rawer rear-engined 2-doors and their race heritage, rather than distancing it from them as most purists and critics seem to be doing.

Regardless of how you feel about the Panamera, these commercials are so good. It must have been a fun few days in the desert.

Panamera commercial.

“Making of Panamera commercial” commercial.

7 responses to “Panamera”

1. nick says:

Saw the Panamera at Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca. They look good in person and watching one fly around the track was incredible. Goes like hell, even handles the corkscrew like a Porsche should! Wins my approval.

2. Harrison says:

seeing all the cars come out of the trailers is amazing. that black 912 (i think) like 10 seconds in looks beautiful…

3. Getrad McKillits says:

So relevant!

4. Sweeney says:

Bikes are my first love. But beautiful, fast-as-fuck, race cars just might be right up there in a close second. This ad was amazing, thank you for sharing! Hearing all of those throaty engines in the making-of video gave me shivers : )

I thought it was pretty damn creative to gather the “family” to mark out a family tree in the desert… kudos to whoever thought that up. I wouldn’t mind having any of those “family” members join mine…

5. kc says:

911 and 912 had the same body. just different motors ( 912 being a 4 cylinder)

seeing the 959 is seriously bad ass.. only about a dozen made.

my only gripe.. wheres the 914?!?! i mean they showed a 924. ( which was by far the most hated porsche in history! haha)

6. Ardelean says:

There’s a 914 at 0:41 in the 2nd video.

Traders do pay direct and oblique costs.