Q&A: ROB-O / STAY FIT

Click below to check out a quick Q&A with Rob-O regarding the upcoming Fit video, entitled Stay Fit. Above is this weeks edit featuring Edwin.

Click below to check that out.

=====================================================================================

ROB-O, IF YOU CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE, GIVE US A DESCRIPTION OF STAY FIT IN 5
WORDS.

A journey through our minds.

HOW DID THE TITLE COME ABOUT?
Naturally an extension of FITLIFE and it reflects the vibe of the company.

WAS THERE ANY KIND OF FEEL OR DIRECTION YOU WANTED WITH THIS VIDEO, VERSUS
PREVIOUS FIT VIDEOS?

Not really, just straight forward riding and a clean look and feel.

WHO IS IN CHARGE OF FILMING/EDITING THE PROJECT?
Filmers are Darryl Tocco, Bean, Marco Svizzero, Ryan Navazio, Glen Milligan, Larry Alvarado, Veesh
and more. Editing will be handled by Rich Hirsch and the Team riders.

WHICH FILMING TRIP WAS THE MOST EXCITING SO FAR, AND WHY?
Australia was amazing, Elite distro took care of us really well. The riders, shops, spots
and cities were really cool,we almost didn’t come back.

WHAT OTHER TRIPS DO YOU HAVE COMING UP?
Been to NY, NJ, Philly, Baltimore, NC with many more planned.

ANY MAJOR HEADACHES SO FAR?
Mostly finding spots and getting kicked out has been annoying, oh yeah the weather has been
nuts lately.

WHAT MUSIC CAN PEOPLE EXPECT IN STAY FIT?
Still deciding. Some bands are The Fling, Japanther, it should be really diverse.

HOW DID THE IDEA COME ABOUT TO DO WEEKLY VIDEO UPDATES?
It was a extension of the STAY FIT blog. We felt it would be cool for the viewers to see some behind the scenes action.

WHOSE HAS THE MOST FOOTAGE SO FAR?
Dakota, he’s an animal.

IS EVERYTHING STILL ON SCHEDULE FOR AN INTERBIKE PREMIERE?
Yes,Sept 24, House of Blues, Las Vegas. 2 showings all ages at 7 and 21 over at 9. Brought to you
by Odyssey, Ride BMX, and Lotek.

A LOT OF COMPANIES ARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER WHEN IT COMES TO DVD’S THESE
DAYS. WHAT PREVENTED YOU GUYS FROM JUST PUTTING OUT SOMETHING FREE?

The team has a purpose and that is to film full length video parts by choice. Web edits are
cool, but we are more into full length projects.

THANKS! ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD BEFORE WE WRAP THIS?
Just wanted to thank the team for going hard on such a quick deadline. The premier in Vegas
will be nuts, drink tickets on us, come on out.

Thanks Homies…

31 responses to “Q&A: ROB-O / STAY FIT”

1. digahole says:

you missed a question

2. Nuno says:

These questions were emailed out before the chatter.

3. Alex says:

Can’t wait for Dakotas section.

4. Soooo pumped for the premiere.. Should be a real good time!

5. truff says:

Why didn’t you ask why all the making of videos are people no one heard of?

6. Brian Osborne says:

reserve me at least 50 drink tickets Mr Morales.

7. tito says:

Fuck this shit, now that dildo hirsch is editing it. Thats even worse than Glen PP editing it. Thank God, fit is shitting the bed.

8. Rich says:

Tito fuck you.

9. Kyle says:

Rich edited all those lotek and goods mixtapes. They were excellent.

10. JPR says:

If shitting the bed is renting out the Hard Rock for a BMX video premiere, sign me up for shitting the bed.

11. Fat Pat says:

So which skate video is Rich Hirsch going to copy the style of while editing the new Fit video, and fully deny ever seeing it. Seriously Rich, fuck off.

12. Rich says:

Hey fat pat fuck you too.

13. Just a friendly bmxer says:

im glad we are all happy rich will be doing the editing and can’t wait for dakota’s part also.

14. DAK FAN says:

If Dakota has had the most clips so far how come none of the “making of stay fit” web videos has been focused on him…….Ponder on that Fat Pat

15. Angus says:

Edwin is probably my favorite rider ever… EVER

Rich is a a fucking genius he will make the video AMAZING remember so freestyle

16. STAY FAT says:

fatbmx t-shirts soon

17. Andrew Reynolds says:

Awe Rich, butthurt much. Seriously fuck off and die, and don’t say fuck you to me too, especially since your cease and desist letter is in the mail faggot. Start rollerblading douchebag.

18. vb says:

You could do a full length vid AND release it for free on the net.

19. After thinking it through my words were a little harsh and I’ve come to realize that maybe I was being insensitive and a little bit self-centered, going around different websites claiming that everything is copying me. My bad.

20. OT says:

Looking forward to this one. I loved the lotek videos…I don’t understand why people are talking shit. those are some great edits.

21. rascal says:

bmx if full of hate. shnock some heroin and chill the fuck out

22. Andrew says:

On rascal’s tip – No shit, I have never seen so much negativity in my whole life, Its fucking bike riding. It’s creativity, its a pass time, a hobby, a lifestyle, whatever.. its a commonality we all can relate to in some way or another right? It should be about one thing, and one thing only – FUN. and if its not fun you might consider trying a new hobby. But who are all of these critics all of the sudden? and where did they come from? At least give me some constructive criticism, something I can maybe learn from…By all means, to each his own – sure not everyone will like everything, I understand that, but I just want to see one thing a naysayer is producing – other than a negative comment on a blog. If your going to criticize something either hold it to yourself, or if you are going to take the time out of your day to post a negative comment, back it up with a direct link to something you produced you think is better, or I don’t want to hear it. You know what? your shit talk, It will always remain anonymous, exactly what you haters will always be – “anonymous”, why don’t you guys start making names for your selfs, instead of leaving little tid bits of useless hatred that will eventually dwindle down to nothing in the matter of minutes, thats easy – try making something that will last a lifetime.

and BTW Rich is one of my biggest personal influences when it comes to BMX, and BMX videos. We became great friends through our shared interest in both BMX and filming alike. Thats something I did though by actually going out and meeting and working with him in person, and formulating my own opinion, not assuming how he acted through things I read or heard about.

23. DAK FAN says:

Amen to that Andrew. Bmxer’s should unite not hate on each other

24. bmx billy says:

Seriously, 200whine bitches. Seriously though fuck off.

25. Red says:

Props to Andrew, I agree. Things would be so much better and more productive if folks would drop the egos and actually explain why they don’t like things rather than just using their dislike of something to make themselves the new internet message board “I don’t give a fuck” hero. I have a feeling that if asked to explain why they don’t like something, most of these people wouldn’t be able to communicate very well.

26. DAK FAN says:

so…………free drink tickets…………cool

27. Hiram says:

dude if spots are short come to san jose. i got spots up the a–hole for you guys. and I’ve never had security problems either, and the weathers nice.

28. Pedro says:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOl

Go ride

29. Mike D says:

I agree that Rich Hirsch is pretty fucking un-original. Seriously what was Robbo thinking when he hired him to do the video. Sheer despiration.

30. Luis F. says:

I never ever post but this time I will,Thanks alot for the great blog.

And this is an funding danger value taking.