Shawn Mortensen

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

It’s really crazy, I’ve had Shawn Mortensen’s site open in my browser for a few days because I’ve been meaning to post on him… I was just going through my RSS feeds and came across a post on Supertouch about Mortensen passing away… Super crazy and extremely sad. Shawn Mortensen was an amazing photographer with an incredible catalog of photos. He shot some of the first photos of 2 Pac when he was starting out and I’ve read that Mark taught him how to pose…

Check out some of Shawn Mortensen’s work after the jump Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Shawn Mortensen Photography Photographer Death RIP

Check out Shawn Mortensen’s site here – shawnmortensen.org

8 responses to “Shawn Mortensen”

1. Sean Zubek says:

Wow. That’s some great work. I wonder who the guy doing the wall ride is…

2. Jake says:

It says it’s Mark Gonzalez on his site when you scroll through the ‘artists’ section.

3. Albert says:

Which Gonz are we talking about?

4. Red says:

I think it’s Mark Gonzalez the skater. I’m pretty sure I remember seeing that photo at some point. I also remember reading something years back about Gonz (the pro skater) riding BMX in NYC…as in, he was into it and he liked to ride from time to time. Dunno for sure, though.

RIP Mortensen…very sad.

5. Matthew says:

Yep, that’s the real Gonz. The bike Gonz would fuck him up on that wall ride though.

6. Joe Mortensen says:

I want to thank everyone for all the love and support you have given me. I will miss my brother very much. I hope his work will inspire other artist around the World to make a positive difference in peoples lives…Joe Mortensen

7. silvia says:

Joe, He find the way to keep alive through his amazing photography. Is inspiring and also he will be known more and more. I’m glad to meet him today. Bless.