Honda Insight Commercial

Honda Insight Commercial

Check out this incredible use of a Vimeo page for the Honda Insight Commercial. Make sure to make it to the end to catch the lens flare. What does everyone think of the Vimeo/Honda collab and the fact that Vimeo let them take over their whole page? Is this the start of a new trend?

Check out the commercial here.

11 responses to “Honda Insight Commercial”

1. Jason- says:

That was really cool!

2. francis says:

The commercial’s cool but I’m not seeing the collab…

3. Harrison says:

just the fact that they worked together and vimeo let them do all that to the page…

4. DavidLang says:

That was f’in awesome. It’s such tasteful online advertising. Gorgeous integration of content and marketing – nothing but massive respect to Vimeo and Honda for doing this.

I hope it’s the start of a trend, as long as future ads are as well though-out as this, and are kept non-intrusive. Video streaming is expensive business, and if they can support themselves with things that viewers actually want to watch… Wow….

Another site with nice integration of online video ads is Twitpic. Hope more web advertising like this develops, centered around the key idea of giving the viewer the choice to hit play. If an ad is so uninteresting that they have to force a viewer to watch it or put it in a pop-up, they shouldn’t be advertising in the first place.

5. Francis says:

Dang. I don’t think I got the full experience then. It looked like a regular vimeo page when I pulled it up in safari and ff3.

6. Cj says:

HuLu.com does this but no were near as well

7. Cj says:

maybe they were a little early on it but the , and its funny to say this, old BMW short films were the first epic foray into the online by a car co.. eppy the makings of were eppy

8. Hey kids, bring your checkbooks!

9. francis says:

Ahh, I see it now. I ended up clicking straight to the making of vid instead of the actual advert when I first tried to watch it this morning. Epic mouse click fail ^10.

Anyway, the execution on this ad’s pretty slick. Tasteful and non-obtrusive, for sure. Judging by the comments on there, it looks like the collab happened the other way around. Instead of Vimeo letting Honda do the take over, I think it was Vimeo who approached Honda with the idea. The end result’s pretty rad and unexpected. Kudos to the dudes who came up with the concept.

It doesn’t look like it’d be that hard to develop so I’m sure we’ll be seeing more in the future. Whether or not it would have the same impact or reaction will be a different story.

As a side note, Vimeo has a DIV container with the id, ‘Pervert’ ?!

10. shino says:

isnt this done thru the vimeo public API?

11. Leonor says:

Monetary advisors business is individuals enterprise.