One Question

This has been floating around the web, but it’s to good not to post. Fifty People One Question is a project based on the idea of going to one place, asking 50 people the same question, and filming their responses. There are four videos so far, two in New York, one in London, and the one above from New Orleans. There is so much emotion and human interaction with these pieces. Within a few seconds, you can really tell how each person is feeling and it’s very interesting to hear all the different responses. I also really liked how all the videos follow the same direction, but each are very different in their own right. You will definitely not get bored watching all four.

Check out the rest of the videos after the jump –

14 responses to “One Question”

1. wow, stellar video; some of the answers took my breath away. The cancer battler and that poor young soul who lost his father were just so sad yet beautiful, brilliant post guys.

2. nick d-m says:

those were awesome
    really interesting to see a brief glimpse into the thouf=ghts of total strangers
    and although there was a wide variety of answers they tended to occur amongst people in all the respective cities
    guess we’re not so different after all.

3. Matty L says:

I’m well stoked I watched them

4. Nuno says:

That was really good.

5. Gavin says:

People can be brilliant!

6. Willis says:

Haha…thanks for taking up about an hour of my time. Those videos were great. It really gives a perspective on how many Different people there are in the world and it makes you think what if ordinary people could make their views heard.

7. Katie says:

I’m in Uganda, and the internet is incredibly slow, but I had to know the question, and as soon as I heard it (after 45 minutes of waiting) I was hooked. This is brilliant… i love it.

8. mangler says:

awesome idea and execution. but that boom op needs to keep that zep out of the shots!

9. Drew K says:

It would be cool if they did more of these in contrasting places and with a wider variety of people. This was really interesting to watch. Brightened up my day.

10. Self filmed! says:

i’M CONFUSED .BUT iM ALSO CHRIS DUNCAN

11. mark says:

amazing – made me think alot.
    cheers harrison, once again defgrip proves its one of the better sites out there. Much love.

12. lee says:

The kid from brooklyn who last his father,shit gave me a frog in my throat.

13. chris says:

Heart breaking to see how much sadness and longing there is in the world today. great post.

14. bdubbs says:

I think this is by far one of my favorite posts from you HB. I am not sure what really hooked me. I think a lot of it was how stripped down it was and how they captured the gears turning. But before that, those awkward moments of not knowing what you just got yourself into. The piano piece in the London film was amazing. All aspects of this was amazing. Well worth the time and now I am hooked and need to see more. Kudos.

Above, Uganda?

Really makes the world feel small and the reach of the grip large.