Joaquin Phoenix as a Rapper

jaquin1

Many of you have probably heard that Joaquin Phoenix has officially retired from acting and has taken up rapping. And why not? The live recording doesn’t sound so hot, but if you’ve ever watched live hip-hop then you know that live hip-hop is usually terrible, even when performed by the greats. From what I can tell, Joaquin’s beat sounds nice and the flow sounds interesting, so who’s to say that it won’t sound more polished when Diddy gets done with it?

Here is the story and video of the Joaquin Phoenix hip hop performance.

15 responses to “Joaquin Phoenix as a Rapper”

1. Harrison says:

He seems so drugged out now…

2. His raps are kinda like my Clothing Company.

3. So weird, I don’t like this.

4. I want to sponsor him.

To get sober!

5. Zack Shoom says:

I listen to basically only Hip-Hop, and I wold like to say, Joaquin Pheonix rapping is like Lil’ CEASE shooting Biggie.

6. Red says:

I dunno if this is all a big scam or not, but I like his reasons for doing it. It’s interesting that an actor of this caliber came out and straight up said, “I’m tired of pretending to be other people. I am me.”

Makes you think about how so may of us put these people up on pedestals just for pretending to be other people.

7. Ardelean says:

Hell yeah! Reminds me of Scotty Whitlake bowing out of pro snowboarding at the peak of his career… just being done with it. There’s just something punk about J. Phoenix humbling himself to the point of becoming a laughingstock. Whether it’s a hoax or not, I want to hear the record.

8. Red says:

“There’s just something punk about J. Phoenix humbling himself to the point of becoming a laughingstock. ”

Absolutely. Sometimes a total cleansing is necessary for personal evolution.

9. JamesKdot says:

pretty positive its a stunt. none the less hilarious but in no way real.

10. JamesKdot says:

plus kind seems like he’s trying to almost do the whole Dirt Nasty thing.

11. This stunt / cleansing is the reason that I started Chris Duncan Clothing

Who has the fucking balls to strictly call a brand there first and last name.

obviously

someone that dose not give a shit.

This is me.

And I don’t care.

I left the sponsor game of bmx and now I can finally be me and ride for fun.

I love life.

I wanna do my stuff for all to think what ever they want .

12. really says:

Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger… they all left the sponsored riding game to be them too. I bet you didn’t know that, did you?

13. Ryan C. says:

casey afflect is supposedly going to shoot a documentary type movie about him and his transformation from actor to hip hop, that seems like a plug enough for me…

14. Hagbard says:

“Absolutely. Sometimes a total cleansing is necessary for personal evolution.”

A total cleansing? Hardly. If he dumped all is money and his LA digs, then yeah. But otherwise, its pretty easy to ‘follow your dreams’ when you’ve got a seven, eight or nine figure bank account. Chris McCandless cleansed….

Now it is time to choose your specific investments.