George Kastrinakis hit me up with some awesome news regarding his shop in NYC, some new product and 5 memorable moments from his first year in business. George hustled to help me out with some Jordans a few years ago, so it’s good to see his hard work paying off.
Click below for that.
Let me fill you in about what’s going on with the store.
We’re gonna be working with the clothing company A New York Thing and turning the store into an aNYthing sneaker store. They have a clothing store around the corner and want to expand into sneakers, so they approached me about using my space. I’ll be a partner in the new sneaker store and a manager for both stores. The actual store won’t be called Front Street, but Front Street will be operating online out of the same location for the time being, so nothing changes as far as Front Street online goes.
5 MEMORABLE MOMENTS:
1. All the characters that come in the store. One guy fell asleep standing up while looking at sneakers. The block we’re on is slowly becoming nicer, but some of the OG lower east side junkies are still around. There are drug addicts, rich tourists, and neighborhood tours all on the same block. It’s a weird mix of people.
2. All the Wo-Hop Chinese food, Lombardi’s pizza, and Peter Luger hamburgers that have been eaten in the past year. Food basically consumes my life so this easily could have been 3 different memorable moments. I want my next interview to be strictly about food.
3. A couple clueless young kids just started riding when I opened the store and I helped them meet people to ride with…now they think they’re the shit. It’s nice to be able to give back to the community..
4. Hopefully giving my friends some motivation to open their own shops. Shout to Dah Shop, Post, and Format who complete the New York BMX Cartels, a.k.a. the Rectangle Offense.
5. Doing almost everything on the fly and learning from my mistakes without going bankrupt, and looking forward to the next step. The motto for 2009 is join the movement or fall back!
Money clip and wallet.