Nikon D-90 SLR 24p HD!

This might be old news to some people but I just found out Nikon just released a 12.3 MP SLR and it shoots 24p HD movies! From the example footage I see here I am really impressed, obviously you shoot through 35mm lenses so that opens up all the doors, how convenient!  the only thing that I’m curious about is audio. Plus its neat to see riding footage at a Seattle spot even!

10 responses to “Nikon D-90 SLR 24p HD!”

1. Andrew says:

i’m all for this…however i’m still waiting for photography snobs to go apeshit about it.

2. hankypanky says:

Nikon confirms them being one of the best with this one.. sick cam. definately a probable next cam for me!

3. smoovebert says:

i am more of a canon than nikon head but this is definitely a really good idea executed well.

motionjpeg as a codec isn’t the best, and autofocus doesn’t work once you’ve started shooting video, but let’s just take this is a sign of things to come and be happy

4. Chris says:

mannnn, and i just bought a d80 2 months ago

5. H Man says:

I dont see autofocus as a problem because with most 35mm movie cameras you actually have to have a focus puller, someone who focuses for you. Now for me this will open up some interesting projects because for a while ive been wanting to shoot some HD footy with 35mm lenses but for that kinda setup the movie box and the HD camera are a pricey package. I already have the lenses and the D90 is cheap as chips compared.

I cant wait to hire one and shoot some tests, if its any good I may get one. Oh and it has audio if anyone is interested but unless they have a audio input it will be terrible, a tiny mic can’t pick up the quality of sound and direction of sound that your after if its stuck in the body away from the subject.

H Man

6. Mike says:

For you Canon heads out there, they’re releasing a model with this same capability. Sorry, but I’ve forgotten the model number.

7. Title

[…]the time to study or check out the subject material or sites we’ve linked to below the[…]

8. Title

[…]here are some hyperlinks to web-sites that we link to for the reason that we feel they’re worth visiting[…]

9. Muhammad says:

Investors do pay direct and oblique prices.